So, this year I've decided to embrace it. Not only have I ordered some 'bags of hope' from UCB (I plan to fill these with sweeties and hopefully, if time permits, copies of the Father's love letter) I've even made some cheeky little pumpkin earrings! That use God's natural creation of pumpkins and a heart design to show His love. No ghosts, witches or ghoulies here!
You Will Need
- Shrink wrap plastic (I used a 13cm by 10cm sheet)
- Scalpel, cutting mat
- Orange colouring pencil (not watercolour)
- Black Sharpie
- Bronze earring hook findings
- Bronze jump rings
- I used a 10cm by 13cm sheet as it's slightly easier to guess how small the finished article will come out. I'm no good at ratios so if you gave me an A4 sheet, I might freak in trying to work out how much to use! Draw your pumpkins on your sheet. I started with 6 as I couldn't decide whether to do 3 pairs of earring or make a bracelet with the charms. Sketch out your pumpkin on scrap paper first until you're happy to draw it on your plastic. I just Google image searched pumpkins and copied free hand. Draw your heart in the middle.
2. Use your scalpel and cut out the heart shape in the middle.
5. Next, you just need to attach your findings. I used two bronze jump rings and the earring hook. Eh voila! Your finished Halloween Pumpkin earrings!
I hope you enjoy making these, please do get in touch and show me your examples if you have a go. Happy Halloween!