Yes it's that time of year again and if you're single you may wonder why to read this. Well, I wanted to add in a few ideas of how to spend today to honour those enjoying the freedom of the single life. These can either be enjoyed with your fellow single friends or in your own company.
1. Wrap up warm and take a long walk to your favourite places. I find when I'm in the midst of nature, it's so relaxing, peaceful and a great place to just ponder. My favourite local places for this in Southend are the Priory park gardens (this is how I imagine my 'secret garden place of intimacy' when hanging out with Jesus in my mind!) or Churchill Gardens. Or just walk with your favourite music on and switch off. Let your mind drift off to all the reasons to be thankful. Think about what makes you, you and how you can use this to help others.
2. Simply curl up with your favourite book or film and get lost in another world.
3. If you love cooking, research all your favourite recipes for a three course meal. It doesn't have to be grand, pick recipes that are suited to your level of cooking. Then enjoy the process of cooking it, put your favourite music on in the background. Classical to relax to, your favourite radio station or your genre of choice. Enjoy a glass of your favourite tipple, eh voila!
4. Learn something new. These days, you can find anything on the internet so there is an abundance of online tutorials to help you get started on a new hobby or mastering a new skill. This can be anything from dusting off an old musical instrument, to learning a bit of DIY.
5. Pamper yourself. Take a long hot bath or if you don't have one (we don't, only a shower!) then do a mini facial. Cleanse, tone, face mask, face scrub, steam (a bowl of hot water and a towel will suffice, you don't necessarily need a fancy steamer!) and moisturise. You could do a hot oil hair treatment also. Why not do a pedicure and manicure? Use a foot spa if you have one. Put a film on in the background and just relax.
I hope these give you some ideas. I remember how much I used to hate Valentine's when I didn't have someone. I just wanted to show that just because it's not that time for you, doesn't mean it has to be a negative thing. Enjoy being you :)
I'm Julia, Just Creative Julia, jolly pleased to meet you!
Welcome to my creative lifestyle blog, established 2014. My main sections are: creativity including crafting, poetry and interior design; well being including mental health, recipes and my faith in God; personal including parenting and my general introvert deep thoughts. You can also have a browse in my mug shop and Etsy shop.