So it has been an absolute pleasure that Eli went to nursery this morning for a full day to allow me to focus on a bit of creative decorating. We moved house in June this year so it's been fun being able to use my gifting to pull all the design elements together.
I then thought that this would look a bit odd. So the next mock up looked like this:
So on that note, here's my top tips if you're trying this out yourself:
1. When thinking of colours and patterns to use, either pick very similar patterns in different colours or go for something more contrasting.
2. Pick a small area to do as it can be quite time consuming/overwhelming.
3. Don't be afraid to use more unconventional materials. Newspapers, old postcards etc.
4. It's easier to overlap each piece than try to keep it uniform. The end result will be something a bit more random.
5. Utilise wallpaper scraps and play around first until you are happy with your design.
6. Go for it!
Photo credits and helpful links:
Blue patchwork wallpaper - http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/patchwork-walls-creating-wallp-92003 - this one also includes other great photos to help inspire you.
'35 Cool Ideas to Decorate Your Home with Patchwork Walls' - http://www.shelterness.com/35-cool-ideas-to-decorate-your-home-with-patchwork-walls/ - more photo inspiration.