So I decided to paint my nails and put Eastenders on in the background! Another perfect way of switching off. You don't have to deeply concentrate on it to keep up. And everyone is always so miserable, the drama makes real life seem not so bad after all!
I really love the galaxy look. You can use this technique on your nails, to paint a canvas, to decorate a glass jar and so on.
I also have the prettiest galaxy and jewel design notebook from Liberty, by Christian Lacroix. I love the mystery of the universe and the natural colours from galaxies, nebulas, black holes are just truly awesome in God's creation. You can see the notebook in my Lemon Witch pancake eatery review here - http://www.justcreativejulia.co.uk/blog/lemon-witch-review
You Will Need
- Black for your base colour.
- White or a very pale pastel. (I used a pale, washed out yellow as couldn't find any white).
- Your choice and combo of pastel, brights or metallic colours.
- I used bright pink, pastel baby blue, an iridescent/metallic navy/purple.
- Some kind of glitter if that's your style.
- I used a glittery silver and a metallic gold to finish.
- A sponge to apply it.
Step 1 - Prep
Step 2 - Apply Base Colour
Step 3 - Start Layering!
Apply your first colour onto the sponge then simply dab gently and carefully in a sporadic fashion. Only use a small amount of varnish on the sponge and you can use this lightly across five nails.
Step 4 - Repeat!
Step 5 - Finish and Tidy
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please do share your images with me if you give it a go!